I first heard of using liquid collagen as a weightloss supplement from a health book I was reading that looked right out of 1992 complete with mullets and all. I was pretty skeptical but when I asked my local nutrition store owner and fitness expert he said its a great supplement to include in your arsenal of products to take. Out of the all the options I prefer AminoSculpt Sugar-Free Liquid Collagen. I had not done enough research the first time I took this product however and only ended up using it for about a week and a half, plus they had a horrible flavor back then!
The reason I stopped taking it was because I thought all it did was make me groggy in the morning and didn’t notice any changes in my muscle or weight. Fast forward 3 years to roughly 2 months ago. A little older and a little wiser I did some more research on this product. I discovered why this is so beneficial. Not only is liquid collagen great at repairing skin, hair, and supports joints and tissue, it also its great for helping you build lean muscle while you sleep.
The key here is that your body produces collagen naturally while you sleep and actually produces more of it when you’re younger. The issue is that your body has to be in a deep enough sleep to produce this. So now it makes some sense why you’d sleep like a baby as a kid after a long day and wake up refreshed ready for round 2! As an adult this really does help you get a more sound sleep, but be prepared this can put you down for the count. It took me a solid few days to get used to this because it makes you almost feel out of it in the morning because you’ve been in such a deep sleep. Once you get used to it though you feel well rested and alert when you do wake up. I also notice that my knees (after numerous years of soccer and weightlifting) feel much better! Can’t say much about the hair…I mean it’s still there haha I do feel that my muscle is maintaining and possibly helping me lose the fat that I have.
They have improved upon the taste with this mango flavor as the original was puke-worthy to say the least! This isn’t quite as terrible and is ok to knock back quick. In a few weeks your body will start to maintain and build lean muscle that helps you to burn more fat. Your body needs the rest to recover and this is a great product to help get you there! Get some of the best nights sleep you’ve had in years all while getting into better shape just by sleeping! (not entirely but it does help! haha)
If you haven’t heard of all of the incredible benefits that Apple Cider Vinegar has…where have you been hiding? Just kidding. It has been the latest craze some might say, but this home remedy of many has really been around since at the least 1950s when it was popularized by D.C. Jarvis’ book “Folk Medicine: A Vermont Doctor’s guide to good health”. Now most of these are not by any means scientifically proven but it is considered a sort of health tonic and can help with a variety of health issues.
- Mouthwash– Some people swear that mixing apple cider vinegar with water with reduce bad breath by swishing it around in their mouth (sounds interesting)
- Sore throats– You can either sip this or gargle this as a remedy to soothe a sore throat. To sip mix a tablespoon with note water and some honey. To gargle mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with warm water. Both done as soon as you have the first signs of a sore throat
- Prevent Indigestion– This seems like you’d have to carry a small vial of Vinegar at all times for this one but if you find yourself about to eat a meal that you’re pretty sure is not going to agree with you, then throw back a tsp. of vinegar mixed with a tsp. of honey in a glass of warm water about 30 mins. prior to eating
- GI distress– The antibiotic properties in this vinegar may help some people who have bacteria causing diarrhea. The pectin may also help intestinal spasms too. For these issues take 1-2 Tbsp in water or apple juice and drink.
- Acid reflux– Acid reflux is commonly mistaken as the result of too much acid but it actually is not enough.To treat this it is recommended to take 1-2 tsp. daily
- Hiccups– This is kind of laughable, because every trick for curing the hiccups is like drink water upside down while hummed the alphabet and rubbing your belly. Supposedly one tsp. of apple cider vinegar does the trick
- Itching– Most of us men have been bitten by a mosquito at least once in our lifetime and according to some claims, a dab of Apple Cider vinegar applied via q-tip is said to stop the itch from these pesky bites
- Lower Glucose Levels– This is directly correlated with helping diabetes by lower glucose levels. This actually was scientifically tested and it helped lowering levels by about 4-6% by taking 2 Tbsp before bed.
- Weightloss– We regretfully add this on here only because we know that the only sure fire way to lose weight is caloric deficiency. However this, if used as a condiment, is said to leave people feeling fuller thus eating less food.
So those are just some of the many different benefits of this terrible tasting tonic! This is why a shot of vinegar in the morning will get you started without having to suffer too much! Grab Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar here. Do any of you have any success stories from using this? Leave a comment