If you haven’t heard of all of the incredible benefits that Apple Cider Vinegar has…where have you been hiding? Just kidding. It has been the latest craze some might say, but this home remedy of many has really been around since at the least 1950s when it was popularized by D.C. Jarvis’ book “Folk Medicine: A Vermont Doctor’s guide to good health”. Now most of these are not by any means scientifically proven but it is considered a sort of health tonic and can help with a variety of health issues.
- Mouthwash– Some people swear that mixing apple cider vinegar with water with reduce bad breath by swishing it around in their mouth (sounds interesting)
- Sore throats– You can either sip this or gargle this as a remedy to soothe a sore throat. To sip mix a tablespoon with note water and some honey. To gargle mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with warm water. Both done as soon as you have the first signs of a sore throat
- Prevent Indigestion– This seems like you’d have to carry a small vial of Vinegar at all times for this one but if you find yourself about to eat a meal that you’re pretty sure is not going to agree with you, then throw back a tsp. of vinegar mixed with a tsp. of honey in a glass of warm water about 30 mins. prior to eating
- GI distress– The antibiotic properties in this vinegar may help some people who have bacteria causing diarrhea. The pectin may also help intestinal spasms too. For these issues take 1-2 Tbsp in water or apple juice and drink.
- Acid reflux– Acid reflux is commonly mistaken as the result of too much acid but it actually is not enough.To treat this it is recommended to take 1-2 tsp. daily
- Hiccups– This is kind of laughable, because every trick for curing the hiccups is like drink water upside down while hummed the alphabet and rubbing your belly. Supposedly one tsp. of apple cider vinegar does the trick
- Itching– Most of us men have been bitten by a mosquito at least once in our lifetime and according to some claims, a dab of Apple Cider vinegar applied via q-tip is said to stop the itch from these pesky bites
- Lower Glucose Levels– This is directly correlated with helping diabetes by lower glucose levels. This actually was scientifically tested and it helped lowering levels by about 4-6% by taking 2 Tbsp before bed.
- Weightloss– We regretfully add this on here only because we know that the only sure fire way to lose weight is caloric deficiency. However this, if used as a condiment, is said to leave people feeling fuller thus eating less food.
So those are just some of the many different benefits of this terrible tasting tonic! This is why a shot of vinegar in the morning will get you started without having to suffer too much! Grab Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar here. Do any of you have any success stories from using this? Leave a comment