I’m just going to jump right into this because this post might get a bit lengthy. I compiled a list of 10 apps that every guy could probably use at least once! And no, sorry, but “Hitch’s guide to landing your dream woman” app didn’t make the cut, so you’re on your own. However these top 10 apps for men should help you get through the rest of life just fine!
- SAS Survival Guide/Lite: There is a free version for those who want just the basics for survival. This is based off the bestselling book that has sold millions of copies. It really is simple and easy to access the elite training techniques. What guy doesn’t want to have over 400 pages of world-class survival skills in his pocket?! It’s got some pretty cool videos and pictures of animal tracks, knots, edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, sea creatures and snakes! Morse code signaling device comes included too! If you’re serious about surviving practically anything life can throw at you then this is a must have app!
- Fishidy: Any guy, whether amateur or pro-angler could use this app! It’s extremely easy to use and provides immediate access to some of the best fishing information a guy could want. This app combines with the full-featured Fishidy website to provide the most advanced, location-based fishing app that gives them ways to find fish faster on thousands of the most popular waterways across the U.S. It even has fishing tips and the maps are incredibly detailed.
- Fishing knots lite: Well once you find a good spot you’re going to need to get hooked up and land a fish! You’ll need the right knot! This app is very easy to use and understand, which is helpful for understanding how to tie a good knot. Each knot gives the information needed for load, line, hooks, lures, baits swivels and more. The best part of this app is that once installed it doesn’t need internet access to run and operate which is great for those of us who find themselves in the great outdoors!
- Alltrails: Speaking of finding yourself in the great outdoors…this app will get you there and back! This app is pretty incredible! It actually one the #1 outdoors app on iPhone. Carry access to 50,000 trails across North America in your pocket! What’s great is that the app is curated by the over 3.5 million people who’ve downloaded it. So you can easily find the best trail to hike, bike, run, all sortable by length, rating, and difficulty level! Plus is provides information on dog-friendly, wheelchair-friendly, and even kid-friendly.
- Pocket Universe: This app can truly make your jaw drop by transporting you to galaxies far, far away! The app gives you access to over 80,000 stars with beautiful textures! The visuals aren’t the only thing that impresses! Use the built-in compass and your phone’s camera as well with this app to provide the names and information right at your fingertips! Don’t just explore earth with this app, travel into space! (This may or may not have been included based on cool factor alone)
- Car Care 101: Let’s face it guys, you should know at least something about cars. Know you don’t necessarily need to know how to do everything under a hood (that can be pretty dangerous for you and your car!). It’s fairly simple to use and the videos are quite helpful. This saves a ton of time staring at an engine block scratching your head or searching YouTube videos for hours.
- iHandy Carpenter: This was voted #1 Father’s Day app by CNN, and for good reason. You get 5 quality and handy tools in one app. You get a plumb bob, a surface level, a bubble level, steel protractor, and steel ruler! Be sure to calibrate the plumb bob, surface and bubble level before serious usage, plus they can be used as an inclinometer/clinometer by reading the angles. The app is really helpful and easy to use providing directions on how to use each tool!
- Photo measures: Throw out the poorly drawn sketches on napkins of your master bed room that you’re trying to have your contractor understand! This app is great to use your phone’s own photos and place the measurement lines and number right into the picture. This is really helpful to ensure things fit into your spaces for decorating and constructing. Simple and easy to use with a functioning zoom to add in even more measurements.
- Handy Man DIY: Tackle almost any project with this app! There are incredibly detailed how to videos and instructions. Remove the guess work out of shopping with prebuilt material lists for common household projects or build your own list! The pricing estimator helps to figure out if your project is within budget too! There are literally too many awesome DIY features in this app to list!
- Packing Pro: This award winning app gives you control over one of the most worrisome tasks in life…packing. Never again will you forget to bring that jacket you needed on a trip or any other essential item. For those of us who travel and constantly on the go, things slip our minds and when you’re away from home, those mistakes can be costly. The astonishing amount of extras that go into this app that are beyond the basic packing list are incredible. I mean seriously? Built-in Expert assistance?! Wow.
Some of these apps are free and some are not, but believe me, they each hold a real value for having in your phone. If you have any other apps that you think should go on the list of Top 10 apps for men, leave a comment.